High Plains Raceway Time Trials
The HPR TT is designed as a place for street vehicles to stretch their legs. The rules are pretty simple:
- All vehicles must show current registration and current insurance documents with VIN’s matching the vehicle.
- All vehicles must have fully operational headlights, taillights and turn signals.
- In order to compete in their assigned displacement class vehicles must have DOT tires with a minimum tread wear rating of 200. Cars with DOT tires bearing tread wear ratings below 200 must compete in the next higher displacement class.
- Non DOT tires are not allowed in any class.
- All cars must complete a tech inspection at each event. This will be a very basic safety inspection, but will require removing at least one wheel from the car so please come prepared. Final approval of the tech inspection rests solely with HPR management.
Lap time records will be kept in the following five classes:
- Up to 2.0L naturally aspirated
- Over 2.0L up to 3.5L normally aspirated
- Up to 2.0L forced induction
- TT1 cars with any DOT tire lower than 200 tread wear
- Over 3.5L naturally aspirated
- Over 2.0L up to 3.5L forced induction
- TT2 cars with any DOT tire lower than 200 tread wear
- Over 3.5L forced induction
- TT3 cars with any DOT tire lower than 200 tread wear
- TT4 Cars with any DOT tire lower than 200 tread wear
When is it?
- See the HPR Calendar for the event dates (look for HPR Time Trials on Fridays)
- Registration 3:00 – 3:30
- Tech 3:30 – 4:30
- Drivers meeting 4:30
- First run 5:15
- Expect to be done by 6:30