HIGH PLAINS RACEWAY RULES
NO ONE IS PERMITTED ON HIGH PLAINS RACEWAY
PROPERTY WITHOUT FIRST SIGNING A LIABILITY WAIVER.
IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO, YOU ARE A TRESPASSER
AND MUST LEAVE IMMEDIATELY.
- The entry road speed limit is 25 mph. The paddock speed limit is 10 mph.
- The racing surface, including the track entry, exit and hot pit, is operated in a clockwise manner only. At no time may any vehicle be operated in a counter-clockwise manner unless specifically directed to do so by an event official.
- Cars within the hot pits may be pushed backward by crew, but can be driven backwards only when specifically directed to do so by an event official.
- The HPR sound limit is 103 decibels on the A scale, as measured at any property line by track management. Vehicles in violation will not be allowed to continue use of the track without correcting the situation. Any vehicle causing a violation will be immediately black flagged and not allowed back on track until corrective measures have been taken. Any vehicle found to be in violation a third time on any day will be excluded without refund from further participation in the event.
- Motor vehicles are not allowed on the race track from the time it is closed (“cold”) for the evening until it is opened again the following morning.
- Bicycling and walking are allowed on the race track during non-use (“cold”) hours unless track maintenance vehicles are using the track.
- Firearms must be stored out of sight and secured.
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- Wood fires may be made and maintained ONLY in HPR provided or approved fire pits between sunset and sunrise. The persons making such fires are responsible for keeping them contained and insuring they are completely extinguished before leaving them.
- Small children may not be left unattended.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times while on track property.
- Radio controlled helicopters, airplanes and any other devices that intentionally leave the ground may not be operated on HPR property.
- Non-street legal race vehicles, pit bikes, scooters, etc may be operated on HPR property only. Anyone found to be operating non-street legal vehicles on highway 36 may be immediately escorted from the premises.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
- Alcohol may not be consumed by anyone anywhere on HPR property until the track surface is closed (“cold”) at the end of the day.
- Marijuana possession and/or use is not permitted at any time.
- Illegal drug possession and/or use is not permitted at any time.
- Persons using prescription drugs that bear warnings against driving motor vehicles shall not use the race track surface, nor be allowed in areas marked “authorized personnel only”.
- Persons violating HPR drug and/or alcohol policies may be immediately escorted from the premises. Second chances will be given on a case-by-case basis. Don’t expect a third chance.
- Parking is allowed in the RV area by registration and pre-payment ONLY.
- Oil, transmission fluid, anti-freeze, and other hazardous fluids may only be left at the track in containers designated for those purposes. Take used tires home.
- Permission must be obtained from track management before marking any paved surface with anything other than chalk.
- Do not drive stakes or nails into the asphalt.
- Stakes may be driven into unpaved areas only with location specific authorization from track management. There are underground utilities, and you will be charged for any repairs to utilities or the asphalt.